Planning on applying for a home loan, or already applied for a home loan?
If you want to speed up the home loan process, you will need to get your supporting documents ready as soon as possible.
Please Note: Banks might also require additional documents other than listed below, depending on your application and credit profile. We will notify you during your application process, if any and what additional documents are required.
Types of Relationships:
- Married in Community of Property: If you are married In Community of Property, your spouse will also need to send his/her documents for processing.
- Married outside of Community of Property: Only the applicant needs to provide his/her documents, only if he/she is the only prospective owner of the property
- Single, living together, etc.: only the applicant needs to provide his/her documents, only if he/she is the only prospective owner of the property
Application Form: Your documents must also be accompanied by our home loan application form. Download PDF Application Form
The above-mentioned documents are required for each applicant type, including the following documents:
- Offer to Purchase for Land
- Building Contract
- NHBRC Certificate
- Building Plan
- Building Quote
- Tender and Building Specifications
- Waiver of Builders Lien
- Builders All Risk Policy
- Schedule of Finishes
- Arbitration Clause: this is listed as an additional one-pager to the building contract. The arbitration clause page needs to be completed and signed by the builder and the client as an additional arbitration clause in case disputes arise. This one-pager is mandatory for FNB and Standard Bank